When you're craving some quick and fun poker action without the hassle of hosting a tournament, pull out Caribbean Stud Poker for a few rounds of head-to-head with the dealer. Double your ante if you think you've got the better five-card hand, and enjoy some bonus features while you're at it. This game shares a progressive jackpot with Caribbean Hold'em and Caribbean Draw Poker, so it accumulates fast. Get in on the jackpot bet, and pocket either portions of it or the entire thing when you land an incredible hand.
How To Play Caribbean Stud Poker
If you think you have the better hand, raise by placing a bet that is double your ante. If you don't think you can beat the Dealer, fold. If you do, you forfeit your ante. To win, you must beat the Dealer's hand and the Dealer must qualify with a hand that has an ace and a king or better. If the Dealer does not qualify, you are paid 1 to 1 on your ante and your raise is returned to you as a push. If your hand beats the Dealer's and the Dealer qualifies, you're paid on the ante and your raise. The payoff of the ante is 1 to 1. The payout on your bet will be determined by the quality of your hand. If the Dealer beats your hand, you lose your ante and your bet. If you and the Dealer have the same hand, the next highest card decides who wins.
- Click on a chip to place a bet.
- Additional clicks on the chip interface will add to the wager.
- To remove a bet, click on the chip in the betting circle.
- Minimum amount to bet is $1 while the maximum is $500.
Win or Lose
You win if:
- You raise and the Dealer doesn't qualify.
- You have a higher five-card hand and the Dealer has at least an ace/king on a raise.
- You place $1 in the jackpot slot and have a flush or higher.
You lose if:
- You fold.
- The Dealer qualifies and has a higher five-card hand.
The Progressive Jackpot is a side bet that allows the Player to share in a jackpot, regardless of the Dealer qualifying or not. The payout depends on the rank of the hand. To play for the Progressive Jackpot, click on the skull and crossbones coin slot on the right before clicking Deal. The coin slot lights up when you place a progressive bet. To remove your bet, click on the coin slot again.
For example, if you receive a flush but the Dealer does not qualify, you would only receive a 1 to 1 payout on your ante, not 5 to 1. If you play the Progressive Jackpot, you would win $75 regardless of the size of your bet, and regardless of whether the Dealer qualified or not. If the Dealer did qualify and you had a better hand, you would win both bets.
There are only five hands that qualify for the Progressive Jackpot:
- Flush - Any five cards of one suit.
- Full house - 3 of a kind with a pair.
- 4 of a kind - Any hand of four like cards.
- Straight flush - Five consecutive cards of the same suit in a row.
- Royal flush - 10, jack, queen, king, ace of the same suit.
|Four of a Kind||$500|
Card Values and Payout Amounts
Hands are ranked according to standard poker rules.
|Royal Flush||A, K, Q, J, 10 of same suit||AH, KH, QH, JH, 10H||200:1|
|Straight Flush||5 cards of same suit in sequence||7S, 6S, 5S, 4S, 3S||50:1|
|4 of a Kind||4 cards of same rank||6S, 6H, 6D, 6C||20:1|
|Full House||3 of a kind, plus a pair||2S, 2H, 2D, 3S, 3H||7:1|
|Flush 5 cards||5 cards of same suit||9D, 8D, 7D, 6D, 5D||5:1|
|Straight||5 cards in sequence, mixed suits||7D, 6S, 5H, 4C, 3H||4:1|
|3 of a Kind||3 cards of same rank||7S, 7D, 7C||3:1|
|Two Pair||2 pairs of different rank||6S, 6H, 4D, 4C||2:1|
|One Pair||1 pair (2 cards) of same rank||KH, KD||1:1|
|High Card||5 cards of different ranks and suits||AH, KS, 10D, 5C, 2S||1:1|
- Deal - Used to start the game after you have placed your bet.
- Raise - Used to make an additional bet that is twice the ante.
- Fold - Used to forfeit the ante and end the game.