In the event of a tournament cancelation, offering fair compensation to all players is our main priority. A tournament will automatically be cancelled due to connection issues if the majority of players are disconnected and unable to re-connect for 5 minutes. One of the following methods of resolution will be employed depending on the state that the tournament is in when it is canceled.
If a tournament has been canceled prior to its scheduled start time, or before one or more players has been eliminated from it, a tournament refund will be issued to all registered players. The refund will consist of players’ buy-ins and fees (including re-buys and add-ons, if applicable) and will be issued via the same method players used to buy-in to the tournament. If a player bought in using a tournament ticket, the ticket will be returned to them.
Cancelation with No Players in the Money
If a tournament is cancelled and no players are in the money, all remaining players will have their entry fee refunded and the prize pool will be divided according to the following formula:
- 50% of the prize pool will be allocated evenly among all remaining players.
- 50% of the prize pool will be allocated proportionally based on chip count.
Cancelation with All Players in the Money
If a tournament is cancelled and all players are in the money, remaining players will have their entry fee refunded and the prize pool will be divided according to the following formula:
- Each player receives the minimum prize not yet awarded at the time of cancelation.
- The balance of the prize pool is allocated proportionally based on chip count.
One-on-One (Heads Up) Sit and Go Tournaments
Because the outcome of a heads up tournament can be influenced by situations where one player remains connected to the game server while another does not, Ignition Casino reserves the right to perform chip count distribution should our site experience downtime warranting the cancelation of any tournaments.
In the event that a tournament with a guaranteed prize pool is canceled:
- Players NOT in the money will be paid out based on the prize pool, composed of buy-ins only.
- Players who ARE in the money will be paid out based on the guaranteed amount if the buy-ins fail to cover the guaranteed amount.